Similar to the Junior Service Program, seniors must complete their service in direct connection to people experiencing poverty for a minimum of 32 hours. The hours will be completed at an Agency or Organization outside of CBC that works directly with situations of poverty involving people (Economic, Social, Physical, or Mental). The service will be direct and personal to the people whom the agency/organization serves.
A Service Contract must be submitted to the office of Campus Ministry by November 1. All required documents verifying satisfactory completion of the service project including signatures, and time-sheet of hours must be submitted by March 1.
Failure to satisfactorily complete these hours and/or properly document them will result in the following consequences at minimum: loss of exam exemption in the student's religion class(es). A failing grade in the student's religion class(es). Loss of eligibility to participate in CBC co-cirricular activities. The student will not receive a diploma as this is a graduation requirement.
Senior Service Forms
All student service must be documented using the CBC service forms found below.
- The "Senior Service Contract" must be downloaded, completed, and submitted on or before November 1.
- The "Service Hours Timesheet" must be downloaded, completed, and submitted by the student on or before March 1.
- The "Student Evaluation Form" must be downloaded, completed, and submitted by the student on or before March 1.
- The "Agency Evaluation Form" must be downloaded, completed, and submitted by the agency supervisor on or before March 1.
- In addition to the forms, all students must attend one Service Reflection Period. These will be scheduled throughout the school year.